Visit LD4SOS at Stand 45 in the Exhibition Hall
Bournemouth International Centre, Exeter Road, Bournemouth
- Collect our information sheets
- Sign up to receive our Newsletter and other information
- Join us (Membership only £10 per year (unwaged £5).
Whilst we are an Associated Organisation of the Party we do not receive any central funding and rely on our membership fees and donations to pay for our presence at Conferences.
- Treat yourself to an orange pen (£1 suggested donation)
- Meet like-minded people
Of course all help on the stand is welcome.
LD4SOS Conference Fringe:
The UK’s asylum system after the “Illegal Migration Bill” and Rwanda Judgement
20.15 Saturday 23rd September 2023
In the Shaftesbury Suite at the Highcliff Marriott Hotel
What does the future hold for asylum seekers? John Skipworth (LD4SOS Chair, hosts an expert panel:
Alistair Carmichael MP Spokesperson for Home Affairs
Dr. Ruvi Ziegler (Associate Professor in International Refugee Law, University of Reading) and civil society activists
Take the opportunity to join in with the conversation
Annual General Meeting 2023 and Open Forum – have your say
13.00 Sunday 24th September 2023
In the Sandbanks Room at the Highcliff Marriott Hotel
After the AGM business, the Open Forum will discuss what you see as the pressing issues faced by asylum seekers in the UK and how Liberal Democrats can respond individually, with others and collectively in our Party
Agenda – Please note the requirements for item 8.
- Minutes of the Special General Meeting held on 18th March 2023
- To approve Standing Orders in line with the revised Contitution accepted at the SGM
- Matters arising
- Chair’s report from John Skipworth
- Accounts for the year Jan –Dec 2022 and Treasurer’s Report (to follow)
- Appointment of Returning Officer
- Election of 5 Officers and up to 7 Ordinary Members of Council to serve from 1st January 2024
- Appointment of honorary President and vice Presidents
- Appointment of Independent Examiner
Requirements for item 8:
Anyone wishing to serve on the Council must be a paid-up member of LD4SOS and should complete a Nomination Form with a proposer and seconder. Please email Chris Brett email@example.com for a nomination form (and to check your membership status)
Completed nomination forms should be sent to the Secretary Tim Young firstname.lastname@example.org or handed in at the Exhibition Stand by 6p.m. on 23rd September. If the meeting agrees further nominations will be accepted at the meeting.